In your usage of michaelwyres.com.au (“the site”, “this site”) – certain information is automatically collected by the servers on which the site is hosted.
Neither VectraTech nor VPSDime would ever knowingly release this information to third parties – whether that information be personally identifiable or not – unless required by to do so by way of legal requirement.
In responding to any articles on the site in the form of comments, you may be requested or required to supply an email address, or Twitter or Facebook account information to Disqus, our comments provider. You may choose to refer to their Terms and Policies page for information regarding their service before choosing to comment on any article presented on this site.
By way of choosing Disqus as our comments provider, your email address, or Twitter or Facebook account information may be exposed to the operators of this site. We will never use this information, or release it to any third parties under any circumstances, again – unless required by to do so by way of legal requirement.
Under such circumstances that we become legally required to provide such information to any recognised law enforcement agency, we will take all reasonable steps to advise you that information about you has been requested, unless we are legally prevented from doing so.
We take your privacy very seriously.
We have a “zero tolerance” policy towards hacking attempts on this site. All logs are regularly monitored, and any suspicious activity from any IP address will be investigated, and will most likely see the IP address in question firewalled from accessing the site.
Depending on the severity of the hacking attempt, the incident will in most cases be reported to the owner of the netblock from which the IP address is sourced. Logs will be supplied to that owner.
Attackers may find that this may affect their relationship with their service provider(s).
In posting comments against any article on this site, there are a few simple basic rules we follow in moderating those comments:
- Please refrain from using foul language. We reserve the right to edit any and all comments containing inappropriate language. We wish to maintain a respectful and open discussion without the need to resort to such language. Any editing under this provision may see “[expletive deleted]” substituted for single inappropriate words, or “[offensive statement removed]” in the case of a string of inappropriate language. All editing will be done with the intention of not distorting the context of the particular comment.
- Play nice – while comments containing personal attacks will not be edited or deleted – (except in extreme situations, or under the terms of the previous point) – we choose to maintain respectful discussion of the topics. We may consider black-listing commenters who consistently add nothing to discussion other than to predominantly make personal attack towards other posters. By all means be happy to offer opposing points of view, but disrespect on any level – (personal, racial, religious, sexual orientation, etc) – will not be tolerated.
- Please be relevant – waffling on about something that has little or nothing to do with the subject of the post is irritating, a waste of time, and adds nothing to the discussion.
- Comments will not be edited or deleted for any other reason than that described in the previous points.
- Comments are not automatically approved, however any poster making a comment will be approved – (unless the comment contains spam of any sort) – and have themselves white-listed for future comments.
- All discussion threads are automatically closed after thirty (30) days. Threads may be closed at any time before 30 days, at the discretion of the site operator, or re-opened after 30 days if the post has been re-posted online and further discussion is considered warranted.
- Deep linking of images is prohibited. We pay for our bandwidth, so don’t leech from us. Actually, our configuration is set to disallow service of images embedded in pages not belonging to us, so try all you like – it won’t work!
Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions about our terms and conditions. We are more than happy to listen and make changes where appropriate.
[LAST UPDATED: 13-JUL-2018]